1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

For bedridden patients what is your daily routine

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by browndogisinthehouse, Jul 7, 2017.

1. browndogisinthehouse

browndogisinthehouse Peer Supporter

I am mostly bedridden for the past 7 months . I of course try to do my chores as much as possible but the cause of the pain I have to lie down or St with a bed rest for extended periods of time. I intentionally limit my time on TMS to avoid obsession but I am running out of distractions also. Whenever possible, I teach kids basic mathematics. I wonder how bedridden people spend their time

2. Steve Ozanich

Steve Ozanich TMS Consultant

The bedridden stage is the time to begin your new goals in life. Your brain is telling you to rethink, look deeper, and to begin the transformative process into greater peace and joy. Review your life and ask yourself what it would take to make you happy. Then when you envision that "state" begin slowly to regain your confidence in yourself. Small steps of physical movement, always rewarding soon after, and then shifting awareness from body to goal.

Soon you will be free of your obsession. But it takes courage and light within.

Good luck, you can do it!! I see it happen often. Check out Billy on TMS Wall of Victory.
    Steve

3. birdsetfree

birdsetfree Well known member

This is so inspirational and supportive Steve. I agree that digging out that 'happiness goal' is so important to incite hope and a positive mindset that will drive the recovery process.

All the best to you browndogsinthehouse.

4. lazydaisy

lazydaisy Peer Supporter

Journalling and the Structured Educational Programme for me when I was at my worst. I also enjoyed reading success stories and TMS books. Hope you feel better soon.

linnyc87 and Click#7 like this.