1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

For all the insomniacs out there

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Birdie, Feb 28, 2015.

1. Ellen

Ellen Beloved Grand Eagle

Here's a link to the website of neurologist and trauma expert, Robert Scaer. I've read one of his books (The Trauma Spectrum), and it's excellent.

http://www.traumasoma.com/home.html

Fabi likes this.
  2. Fabi

Fabi Well known member

[QUOTes your native language?
    Mine is Spanish and even though I understand everything I read, sometimes it is difficult form me to explain muy sensations. So I pay attention at the way you and others describe tour feelings, it has helped me. ThevSpanish forum is not this active"Birdie, post: 42192, member: 212"]Walt, that's great! That's also what sleep experts recommend: only go to bed and switch off the lights if you are really, really tired. The following sleep will be deeper and more restful.
    TennisTom: thank you, haha, it's funny to hear that. My English always was very bad to the point I nearly did't made the grade at school. So I deselected English the next grade. That was in 1995.
    It was when I heard about TMS and Sarno that I begun to regret that my English was so bad. As I wanted to learn everything about TMS I started to read SteveO's GPD and looked up every third word in the dictionary. So my passive vocabulary slowly increased. Holding a live conversation with me in English is still near impossible and I am stammering most of the time (ask SteveO if you don't believe, I once talked to him via Skype).

Most of the pupils nowadays are trained very well in English. It also is not possibe to deselect English as subject any longer as it was when I went to school. You have to get your degree in English, if you want or not ;-)[/QUOTE]
    What is

3. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

For sleeping better, I sometimes stay up later than my usual bedtime and then get more sleepy. I used to take an afternoon nap, but haven't done that in several years. A nap can be counter-productive.

I also like to watch Youtube videos on relaxation before bedtime. And I am practicing more mindfulness, living in the present and when I can't sleep, focus my mind on my breathing. It is very calming.