Boston Redsox
Well Known Member
Anybody dealing with this ?
Thx
I did Ellen its seems his was more PF then nerve pain but i could be just being picky...some days its ok other days it just kicks my ass...Look @Andy B 's story and posts--foot and nerve pain.
I did Ellen its seems his was more PF then nerve pain but i could be just being picky...some days its ok other days it just kicks my ass...
I have execepted that i have tms and i go about my day accepting and breathing...i work i jog goto gym i dont let the pain hold me back . I always stop and think what triggered this sharp painHi Marco, with my experience, TMS manifest in so many guises it's almost impossible to find someone with exact symptoms.
You've mentioned that some days it comes and goes which definitely suggest it's TMS. But I think when it "kicks your ass", as you suggest, it instills yet more fear to keep you in that vicious cycle of pain. I seriously think you need to accept the diagnosis and work on removing the fear aspect, otherwise you will continue with this pain.
Hi Boston,
I had severe foot pain, which was diagnosed by some physicians as PF and by others as "nerve entrapment," Tarsal Tunnel, and/or "neuropathy." I think Dr. Sopher's view is that there is an epidemic of foot pain, most of it TMS related. The MDs and healers all had different names for it. If you know you're prone to TMS, this knowledge may help...
Andy B
What is the S ego? That u refer to.Hi Marco,
I guess you have tried so many pieces of Dr. Sarno's work, and also been on this forum for a long time. I am not sure I can add anything...
I think for me the breakthroughs were individual and personal. That is, the process of the "cure" for me brought me into greater contact with aspects of myself that I, in my unfolding in life, needed to understand. It is a process of individuation, which to me is related to becoming oneself, less attached to the S. Ego and my conditioned self and history. Part of this is not believing the Doctors any more. Part of this is seeing how my S. Ego causes me suffering, and connecting this activity to inner tension as the root cause of TMS. Another part is seeing how my habitual striving to fix or improve my condition --including eliminating TMS symptoms with Dr. Sarno's work-- is a continuation of deep patterns of the personality that make other parts of me sad and angry... So for me it is individuation, even from the experience of fear.
If I could say one thing, it is to attune to what in you really wants to unfold, regardless of symptoms. Where is your heart's longing? What in your relationship with yourself wants to open and become more tender? What parts of you want to be more genuinely themselves, damn what the world says. Just asking yourself these kinds of questions in a gentle way may bring more guidance. I hope some of this might help.
Andy B.
What is the S ego? That u refer to.
Ha yes know it makes more sense this is a journey all right ... May i ask if u where taking medication during your journeyThe super ego. How you might know this is what Alan refers to as the Inner Bully. The part of us that tries to keep us "good and acceptable" through attacks or rewards of our thoughts, feelings, behaviors. Part of it is known through the term Inner Critic.
I think of TMS as being caused by the difference between what we are feeling vs what we think we should be feeling. The super ego is the "should" part...
Thats what i am taking ...i am afraid to stop it did u have this issueI took Neurontin? which "deadened" the nerves. It was a terrible experience...