1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

foot pain gone,or is it?

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Markus, Jul 23, 2015.

1. Markus

Markus Guest

I've had neuropathic foot pain and I believe using one of the techniques I learned think through John Sarno, the pain disappeared or at least was 85 to 90 percent better meaning almost gone. Now, I have a new type of pain and that is a tendonitis like feel around my ankles, this is sometimes is very difficult and yet I try to ignore it and use the same techniques I used to rid myself of the foot pain, but I'm wondering if it's the foot pain just choosing another place to land? I don't post very often because I dislike it but, I am beginning to believe that these painful areas that we cure, don't like being cured and so move a little bit to the left or right still causing pain but in a different way? If anyone has had their pain heal and then pain start in another spot not far from where they had healed, you could let me know and post it. If not,............

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 23, 2015
  2. Anne Walker

Anne Walker Beloved Grand Eagle

Markus, I do think that the pain moves around and tests us in different ways as we recover. Foot pain was one of my many pain conditions over the years. As I recovered from TMS, it would occasionally try to resurface and grab my attention. It did not cause too much fear or worry because I was at that point completely convinced that it was just TMS and I had the experience of that particular pain disappearing before so I knew it was possible. Just recently I had a pain at the top of my right foot extending into my big toe. It hurt when I walked and was very bothersome. I kept trying to figure out what I might have done to injure it. And then it moved over to the back of my left ankle. I don't understand it other than a new pain is more distracting sometimes then a pain we are accustomed to. When the right sided shoulder and neck pain finally started to subside, I suddenly developed intense left shoulder pain. Even with all of my TMS knowledge and experience, it felt so much like an injury that I was convinced it was a torn rotator cuff and started doing research and special exercises for it. I could not raise my arm and it was very painful. Then one day I stopped and thought to myself "isn't this a funny coincidence that I have the left shoulder pain just as the right shoulder started to feel better?" I decided to treat it as TMS and at some point it went away. I have no pain or trouble with my left shoulder now! I am sorry that your pain is relocating temporarily rather than taking a permanent eviction notice, but the good news is you are having success and if you keep working on your TMS recovery that success will grow.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2015
    Markus likes this.
  3. Grateful17

Grateful17 Well known member

Isn't this the Symptom imperative that Sarno and Steve-O talk about?

Tennis Tom likes this.
  4. Tennis Tom

Tennis Tom Beloved Grand Eagle

Yup, you got it Grateful, good call!beerbuds

Grateful17 likes this.
  5. Grateful17

Grateful17 Well known member

Tennis Tom,
    I love your saying :
    "...there are so many things little and big that are tms, I wouldn't have time to write about all of them" Dr. Sarno

Boston Redsox likes this.