1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

"Flow down" of symptoms?

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Bhamgirl, Nov 26, 2013.

1. Bhamgirl

Bhamgirl Peer Supporter

I've come across a few posts regarding a "flow down" of symptoms. Can anyone elaborate on the concept? It seems very applicable to my situation, and I would love to hear more about it!

Eric "Herbie" Watson likes this.
  2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Bhamgirl.

I haven't heard or read about "flow down" of symptoms but will look into it and get back to you about it.

Meanwhile, figure it relates to TMS and the healing process through recognizing our repressed emotions.

3. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

Bhamagirl if you could tell us where you might have seen this concept of flow down im sure Walt and I counting others could help you in a large way. Although I haven't heard of Flow Down, I know what being in the "Flow" means. Its a Mindfulness concept and I'm sure it would be very relevant for you. Also you can look in the TMS search engine and find anything you can think of regarding flow. Here is the link to the SEARch engine. http://tmswiki.org/search/

Bhamgirl likes this.
  4. Bhamgirl

Bhamgirl Peer Supporter

Hi! Sorry it's taken me so long to respond. Crazy holiday, as I'm sure all of you are aware!

The "flow down" of symptoms was from a post that you, Eric (or is it Herbie??), posted back in September in response to someone's success story entitled "With a little help from my friends". You stated:

"I remember talking to Forest and BruceMC last night after the show. We were talking about how the pain will start to dissipate from the brain down to the neck, shoulder, back and knee…..I actually did nothing for the recovery of the neck pain. I just never thought about it till BruceMC mentioned the flow down."

Does that help you understand my question better? Looking back I can see how it was pretty vague :).

5. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

Bhamgirl This is a great insight;

Thanks for finding that. OK I believe we invented a word there, I like it. The flow down. That's pretty much what it is. Ok its like this, in a lot of studies that have been done with the easing of the pain or the dissipation of the pain. It will begin in the mind and as many have noticed and pointed out that the pain will start to lesson in the neck and then the shoulders and then the upper back down to the lower back and legs - Etc.

I assume it could happen in that order but I like to think that as we do our work of not repressing and soothing more often then all the pain in the body will lessen at about the same rate- Now with that theory stated I haven't done any long study into the Flow down to see if its always working that way, as I stated above ( the pain in my neck was the first to leave) but To me - I believe the pain will leave universally as we begin to take control of our mind power and initiate reaction control and self compassion.

Let me get BruceMC to reply here Bhamgirl so we can get a more concrete idea of this flow down phenomina and others could jump in to give their accounts of understanding on this subject ok.

Bless You

Thank you

Bhamgirl likes this.
  6. Bhamgirl

Bhamgirl Peer Supporter

Thank you! That's what I was thinking was meant when I saw "flow down", and it seems that my pain is doing just that. It's hard for me to not freak out about all the new things that seem to keep popping up as it "flows", but I'm really trying to maintain a positive outlook and really work on my TMS healing. I must say, I'm finding that conditioning, especially upon sitting, is one of my biggest hurdles. Anyhoo, thank you for your wonderfully helpful response. I look forward to hearing what others think of our new "terminology." ;)