1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

flexion distraction

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by interstellar, Feb 3, 2015.

1. interstellar

interstellar Peer Supporter

Hey all. I'm curious if anybody else on here has had flexion distraction done to their back as a method of healing bulging or herniated discs? It is essentially a method of stretching the spine to make room for the discs to heal. For some reason I was the "untypical" patient who actually got much worse from this treatment. Ironically an MRI after I stopped the treatment revealed that my discs had healed to the point where I was "no longer a candidate for surgery", which was great news except for the fact that my lower section of my spine was now in severe pain. I now realize that his instructions to not sit, bend, twist or lift for two months while I was getting weekly treatments most likely tricked my brain into thinking I had the back of a hobbled old man at age 24, which gladly invited tms into the area. I have made a lot of progress since then, especially after reading tms literature. But my spine is still so tight that it feels like it's going to explode out of my back when I bend over, and it's decently painful when I try to stretch and hold a position where my spine is stretched. Anybody else had these same symptoms?