1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

five minutes of reprieve and that is all

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by fraggle, Jul 25, 2018.

1. fraggle

fraggle New Member

I'm up to day 23 of the TMS program & my lower back pain has been intensifying & so too has my negative thoughts, it's like a cycle that I can't break. However!..... I was journalling the other day and had a bit of a cry afterwards, then I experienced my ever-present back pain vanish!!! It was so beautiful, i'd forgotten what pain-free felt like. Unfortunately it was short-lived, and a few minutes later it returned with a vengeance. I was so frustrated & dejected. I'm desperately trying to figure it out. I want that beautiful pain-free feeling back so badly!

Dorado likes this.
  2. Time2be

Time2be Well known member

Good! Something good happened! Maybe you could give yourself a bit more space, not pressing so much? You will get rid of the pain, for sure. Try to have faith in the process and not measure success all the time!

3. rain

rain New Member

Thanks for noticing that reprieve (brief as it was) and for doing what I think was the best thing to do in that circumstance: cry. I don't think words exist to fill that space that tears can so wonderfully occupy. Hope you have more of those reprieves.

Time2be and fraggle like this.