1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 8 First week synopsis

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by saltyessentials, Oct 29, 2014.

1. saltyessentials

saltyessentials New Member

Well, let's see. The pain has definitely diminished over the week. I'd say my pain at its highest was maybe a 6 on a 1-10 scale. It was already decreasing when I started in on Day 1--maybe at a 4. Lots of changing when the pain showed up--on the weekend when I was home, my back pain eased when I sat and flared when I stood and walked. After the work week started, it switched and hurt to sit at my desk and standing up or walking around eased it. That's a pretty obvious clue to the whole conditioning/psychologically induced thing!

I've also had ridiculous amounts of symptom changes throughout the week: low back pain, mid back pain, upper back, shoulders, neck, head, leg pain, some numbness and tingling in my legs and arms/hands, groin pain, diarrhea, hives and mild anaphylaxis. It was so many changes, so quickly, I had to laugh at what must be going on in my unconscious. So much more of a reaction than I've had ever before with this kind of thing.

I've been doing a lot of talking to my unconscious on the commute to work--soothing it, promising it that I was here for it, not going to leave it to deal with all these emotions on it's own, supporting it, committing to feeling and releasing the feelings, etc.

Saw a therapist team--two women who specialize in helping people recognize and move stuck emotion through and out--my first session last Sunday. That went well. They've got me doing some odd (to me) exercises in between this and my next session. And I've seen some movement in what has felt like a pretty frozen landscape for a long time.

The last couple of days (yesterday and today), I've felt a little more pain through my back. It was down to about a 1, maybe at a 2 today. But only at times. I'm still quite mobile, other than a little pain or stiffness when getting up after sitting, etc.

I'm still curious about why previous pain has receded so quickly and this is taking longer, more in depth work. My guess is I've reached a deeper layer inside myself and the work I'm needing to do to address it is more in-depth as well. All in all, I'm feeling good.

Judith likes this.
  2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, saltyessentials. I think you're right, that your previous pain went away because you told your subconscious mind what was
    troubling you and causing you anxiety or anger. Now you have to do that to get rid of the new pain.

Meanwhile, I found a helpful video on YouTube: The fastest way to overcome anxiety. You might like it.:

3. saltyessentials

saltyessentials New Member

Thanks, Walt. I'll take a look.

4. Kathi

Kathi Peer Supporter

This is great! Amazing guy! Thanks, Walt.

5. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

I really like this guy. His videos are "strong TMS medicine."

I also like this short hypnosis video on how to get to sleep fast.
    It involves many TMS healing techniques such as deep breathing, mindfulness, and
    imagery. I really works for me.