1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

first time

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by MCW, Aug 7, 2013.

1. MCW

MCW New Member

This is the first time creating a thread. I began reading Sarno's books about 3 months ago. I've also gotten tapes and the Mindbody Workbook from Dr. Schechter. I am consistent on and off with reading Sarno's books, listening to tapes and journaling, but obviously I need to do a lot more work on this. My symptoms have gotten about 20% better, but I'm far from where I want to be. I recently found out about this site and just today learned about the on-line treatment program. I am committed to doing the program for the 6 weeks and though I'm discouraged and worried I won't be successful, I'm going to try to persevere and hope to get better and better.

JanAtheCPA likes this.
  2. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

Welcome, MCW - and let me say that I can totally relate to the fear that if I try something, it won't work - I'm quite the procrastinator, and it's that fear that causes me to put things off.

Here's something I discovered which helped me: as you journal, or as you make your lists, pay attention to your inner dialogue - you might hear your brain telling you "oh, don't write THAT down - THAT'S not important". When you hear this, know that "THAT" is exactly what you NEED to write down. When I went back later and journaled about these seemingly unimportant things, I discovered some very revealing things about myself and my childhood - nothing earth-shattering, mind you - just enlightening and helpful. The key is being totally honest with yourself. Sometimes it seems as if you need to be totally honest with others in your life as well - which isn't always possible. Journaling about those relationships, or posting here, can help with that.

Congratulations on the 20%, and keep us posted!

Jan

3. leonardo999

leonardo999 Well known member

Hi MCW
    Well that sounds like a good start. Im just reading The Divided Mind... New to TMS so learning right from the beginning.
    Good luck
    Leooooooo