1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

First post

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by bnunofield, Sep 1, 2014.

1. bnunofield

bnunofield New Member

Forest I'm new to the forum. I'm just getting started. I listened to the Healing back pain Mind and Body in Audio and understand the concept. The problem is not that I don't believe in Dr. Sarno's concept. It's that I have Rheumatoid Arthritis and I get confused of which pain is what. THE BACK PAIN IS NOT RA, WHICH NUMB MY HANDS AND MAKES ME CRAZY. I also have knee and foot pain. I have these neck spasms, and give me anxiety. I'm becoming more aware of the pain and connecting with my head to see what's bothering me. I connected with a person that used to be one of Dr. Sarno's success and recovered patient. I'm going to see if he can be my coach. I'm also going to talk to Dr. David Schechter in LA works with TMS patients.. I am currently having back spasms and tension at my neck arms and legs and feet. Its weird. I've had an MRI ex-ray and bone scan that were inconclusive. I need help to get through this. I love the success stories. It makes me feel like there is hope. This is my first post. Please someone respond, I feel so ready to feel better. I feel so alone and no I am not crazy. I'm frustrated but will listen and open to help and to be encouraged. Respectfully Blanca

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Blanca. Dr. Sarno says rhuematoid arthritis is real and not TMS pain,
    so it's good to have a medical doctor look at that. Other pain symptoms could very well be from TMS
    repressed emotions. Dr. Schecter will help you with TMS.

You are starting to do all the work necessary to heal, and you will heal.

3. mike2014

mike2014 Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Blanca/Walt,

Agreed, RA does belong to the family of MB disorders but is not TMS. TMS disorders are caused by a lack of oxygen to muscles and is deemed as harmless. Whereas RA can effect/damage neurological pathways and can be a harmful condition.

Both Dr Sarno and Dr Schubiner have classed these syndromes as Class B, i.e symptoms which may be caused by emotional states but have not been researched into extensively.

Norman Cousens wrote a book called Anatomy off Illness that describes RA as being linked to depression and a vitamin deficiency. He was able to successfully reverse his condition by laughter therapy and increasing his intake of vitamin C.

I hope my post was helpful and please feel free to drop me a note of you need further information as RA is something close to my heart and I am researching heavily.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2014