1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 1 First Post

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by jazzbluescat, Nov 28, 2013.

1. jazzbluescat

jazzbluescat New Member

Hi guys and girls,

This is very new to me (posting not TMS Theories) as I never feel the need or desire to express myself and my emotions...probably part cause of my TMS.....

So I have had "RSI" in my hands for nearly 3 years now. I am a musician (mainly guitar), Music teacher at a high school, martial artist and video gamer. I can normally manage the pain enough to get by but that does mean cutting back on a lot of things and not getting to do everything I want. I have been semi-active with reading Sarno's books and thinking for about a year with minor results but I do believe in TMS so have decided to go more "full time" with my approach. So yea here we go...day 1 come at me.

nowtimecoach likes this.
  2. nancy

nancy Well known member

You are taking the right route! I never even thought about myself and always
    worried about everyone else. I never thought about my own emotions, never.
    You will find help and health through the tms wiki, I can promise you you'll
    find help here, as I have. Keep the faith, write to me any time, Nancy

jazzbluescat likes this.
  3. nowtimecoach

nowtimecoach Well known member

Welcome to the forum jazzbluescat!! I've had great success doing this program and have gotten way more out of it than pain relief. I've been given a whole new way to think about 'pain' and that is priceless to me. Its also wonderful to share the ups and downs and learnings with the people in this forum. Its great to have my thoughts, fears, successes, fallbacks... all of them acknowledged and UNDERSTOOD! Since most of us are dealing with the same trajectory of symptoms and emotions.
    I'm looking forward to hearing more from you!

jazzbluescat likes this.
  4. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, jassbluescat. Love your wikiname. I love jazz, blues, guitar, but am a dog person and not a cat, although
    I know what you mean. I'm old enough to know it's short for a 1940s Hepcat.

I'm glad you've begun TMS healing. If you read Sarno and Ozanich and spend some time journaling to
    discover your repressed emotions, you'll stop the hand pain and have no pain anywhere. I'm not a doctor
    so I can't diagnose treatment for RSI, but TMS has healed me of back pain by bringing out of my boyhood
    and later emotions feelings of anger, guilt, abandonment.

As Steve Ozanich says and writes in his book, The Great Pain Deception, we need to focus more on wanting
    to be healed of our pain to wanting to discover more about ourselves. What kind of person we really are...
    most of us are perfectionists and that puts a great deal of emotional stress on ourselves, as well as others around us.

If you begin journaling, about a half hour a day, you will be amazed at how much you learn about yourself.
    That's what's causing you physical pain.

I wish I had learned how to play a musical instrument, especially guitar or piano. They're my favorites
    so I have lots of CDs of the great artists, both popular and classical. Both guitar and piano music are very
    relaxing. They really move around inside me.

Good luck in your healing and self-discovery. TMS is the best for both.

jazzbluescat likes this.
  5. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

Ok jazzbluescat, you have to be committed. So id start reading Dr. Sarnos Book as if nothing else mattered for a while- just like you do in martial arts or with the guitars. You get serious and put full effort in it you will come out a winner. We will be here to help you when you take a step back so remember that. The time of need for advice will come so ask away were here to help, that's how we heal with Sarnos work and Relationship.

I know it would only take the penicillin of course but im talken about how you learn to heal will often have questions attached so shoot more lines ans always stay in the spot light of Relationship, it makes you whole and complete. Since your a music school teacher at high school especially you'll defiantly know what that word relationship means. Thanks and go make that pain leave with peace and compassion to yourself.

jazzbluescat likes this.
  6. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

This is the TMS.

jazzbluescat likes this.
  7. jazzbluescat

jazzbluescat New Member

Wow thanks so much for the positive replies all, your so welcoming and warm. Great way to start the programme :) I'm sure you will be hearing more from me as I undertake this new journey in my life. Peace and love.

Eric "Herbie" Watson likes this.
  8. nowtimecoach

nowtimecoach Well known member

ha-ha! I love Eric's simple response. "This is the TMS." And it really is as simple as that!

Eric "Herbie" Watson likes this.