1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 1 First post

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Jacob, Feb 4, 2013.

1. Jacob

Jacob New Member

Howdy. I'm Jacob, and I've had fibromyalgia pain for three and a half years. It's gotten better since going on a gluten-free diet. However, the pain still exists, and I haven't had a pain-free moment since the pain started.
    I came across Dr. Sarno's theory last year. I bought and read "The Divided Mind." I had heard of people being cured simply by reading one of Sarno's books, so I read it expecting the same to be true for me. After finishing the book and still being in pain, I decided to buy and read "The Mindbody Prescription" as well. Still no cure, which is disappointing, but I have to admit, I haven't really been journaling (perhaps that would help), although I do spend quite a bit of time thinking about things. And although I haven't been healed yet, I still think Dr. Sarno's theory is right. It seems the most logical explanation for chronic pain that I've heard. Looking back at my life, it's clear that I have a lot of deep feelings to repress, and I don't see how anything else could possibly produce a pain that lasts this long. I guess it's just gonna take a lot more work than I originally thought, but hopefully this program helps.
    I'm sure I'll be posting more to this forum as I go. Feel free to ask any questions or give any advice along the way that you think might be helpful. This is a very brief version of my story, but I'm happy to say more if anyone is interested.
    -Jacob

2. BruceMC

BruceMC Beloved Grand Eagle

Jacob: You might begin by working the SEP (Structured Education Program) available on the TMS Wiki. In it you'll start to see the connections between emotional events in your life and the onset of your pain symptoms. The more you see and conceptualize these connections intellectually the more likely you'll be able to reprogram your learned pain pathways. It's now a 37-day program which will introduce you to journaling and such techniques as spider writing designed to help you understand the emotional events driving your TMS.

Welcome to the TMS Forum and good luck on your journey of self-discovery.

MorComm

3. Stella

Stella Well known member

Welcome Jacob,
    You will learn more in 37 days about yourself than you have in your lifetime.
    Sandy