1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

First Post

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by deb13, Jan 22, 2017.

1. deb13

deb13 New Member

This is my first post on here. I truly believe this is the answer to my prayers. I do believe in TMS. Fears or doubts.....well I don't want to claim any. I believe if I follow this program and really work at it, this will truly work. I am going to an acupuncturist after church today and am now starting to feel that this may be a big waste of time and money as this site and the Dr. Sarno's book is all I needed. Thank you so much for this website and forum.

2. EileenS

EileenS Well known member

Trust your instinct. If you truly believe this is for you, then it is. If you feel acupuncture is a waste, then it is. Since you say you pray, then I will say I believe our instincts are those quiet messages from God. You might get the instinct to add acupuncture back in at some time, but always listen inside to find those feelings. When I do, it never steers me wrong. Since discovering Dr Sarno's work 1 1/2 yrs ago, I have had an amazing healing world open up for me and hope it does for you too.

deb13 likes this.
  3. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Deb13. Welcome to this website and it's great to read your belief and confidence in TMS. I tried acupuncture for back pain years ago and it seemed to help, but I did not like the idea of getting treatments even once a week for the rest of my life. Two years ago I began having severe back pain and learned about TMS. I read Dr. Sarno's Healing Back Pain and realized my back pain came from emotions I had been repressing aftr my parents divorced when I was seven. I encourage you to journal in the SEProgram to discover any emotions you have been repressing. Or you may be a perfectionist or "goodist" person, wanting everyone to like you.
    I'm glad you go to church and pray for relief from your pain. I believe faith helps in the TMS healing process.
    Faith in God as healer, and faith in TMS causing your pain.

deb13 likes this.
  4. deb13

deb13 New Member

Thank you
    Thank you for your encouragement.