1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 10 first post

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by BrookH, Nov 29, 2016.

1. BrookH

BrookH Newcomer

Hello, I'm on the second week of the program but I've procrastinated joining the forum. I'm both hopeful and skeptical about the program, the not uncommon feeling of "it works for everyone except me."

On and off lower back pain since my teens that I assumed was from a snowboarding accident. Recently intense neck and shoulder pain and stiffness I also assumed was sport-related. I probably would have done yet another expensive tour of various medical and alternative healthcare practitioners if a friend hadn't recommended Sarno's book.

The journal subjects and prompts are excruciating, subjects and feelings I'd hoped to be finished with are coming up again. I finish almost every writing exercise tear-y and pissed off. I have the personality type described in the book, probably part of why I'm willing to stick it out despite the discomfort -- that endless quest for self-improvement and perfection. And I made an appointment to see a therapist for the first time in several years.

I've noticed a 25% decrease in discomfort and pain so far. So here's to some relief and a lot of inner work.

2. Plz568

Plz568 Peer Supporter

Hi BrookH,
    Welcome. I am on day 36 and still feel pretty pissed off and teary most days but it is so good. Not everyday but many days. My pain is almost gone but creeps up with my perfection and self help personality too. This T'giving threw me over the edge with guests in my house. I feel like stuff is raw and at the surface right now. Hang in there though. Life should be easier and freer and I am hoping that it will be! It is amazing to me how much I thought I processed and well I guess I really did not.