1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

First post here

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by johnebbe, Mar 17, 2021.

1. johnebbe

johnebbe New Member

Hi all,

This is my first post here, as well as the beginning of my TMS journey.

My pain started pretty much 1 year ago today. It was the beginning of lockdown and I was working from home. Due to the lack of social interaction I decided to focus more on my fitness goals. More time at the gym! I was doing handstand work as well as heavy sessions on the ski-erg. Suddenly, my right elbow started hurting. I met a physiotherapist who said it was an overuse injury, which made sense to me. I rested and the pain seemed to reside.

I few months later I developed pain in both forearms. Met with a physiotherapist - more overuse - this time due to bed ergonomics at home. Once again this made sense to me and I began to adjust my working position at home. However, the pain increased and spread. I began having pain in my shoulder and upper arm. I decided to go on an early vacation and while visiting the southern part of Sweden the pain moved to my calves, all of a sudden I couldn't walk. Two weeks later I had a really bad back spasm.

From this point onwards I have been in constant pain. The pain has not moved, but gone up and down in intensity. I've also developed trigger/tender points on my back/neck that hurts quite bad. Since september last year I've met with chiropractors, more physiotherapists, had a but-load of massage. To no avail!

I've done a MRI on the neck and shoulders - nothing - as well as the lower back where they found two small herniations. This set me on a 2-month quest of sit-ups. It didn't help and my abs began hurting instead.

While all of this has been going on, I've been quite stressed out at work. I work as a management consultant, which means long days and high pressure from peers and managers. This, in combination with no social interaction during lockdown has been really tough. Also, me and my girlfriend has had a really tough time. Partly due to me being quite depressed due to pain, but also due to previous depression.

As of one week I've been looking into TMS and it seems to make a lot of sense to me. I recognise the symptoms many of the testimonials.

I hope to begin a longer journey towards healing. I really not in a hurry, just want to see some minor progress to verify that I'm on the right track :)

BR John

JanAtheCPA and HattieNC like this.
  2. miffybunny

miffybunny Beloved Grand Eagle

Welcome and congratulations on being on the right path now!

3. mugwump

mugwump Well known member

Hello, jhonebbe. Welcome to the forum and congratulations as well!