1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

First Documented TMS attack in History

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Baseball65, Jan 27, 2018.

1. Baseball65

Baseball65 Beloved Grand Eagle

I was reading the Bible this year and I came across this passage in the 32nd Chapter of Genesis. I noted it the last time I read the Bible . I just wasn't on any forums to 'share' my discovery .

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Genesis+32&version=NIV (Bible Gateway passage: Genesis 32 - New International Version)

In this passage Jacob is returning home to Canaan. Before he left he STOLE his twin brother Esau's Birthright and Blessing from Isaac(Their Father). Esau is your stereotypical 'mans man' and Jacob is an effeminate Mommy's Boy type. Esau wanted to kill Jacob so His Mommy told Jacob to go to his uncles house (modern Iraq/Syria).
    He's been gone for twenty years or so. In the interim he has become quite wealthy, but as any TMS sufferer can tell you, childhood trauma and drama is a tough fold to iron out of your brain.

Now he is going Home.

He tries mightily to ingratiate himself to Esau when he hears Esau is coming to 'meet' him with 400 men. He sends him several different waves of gifts to appease him, presuming him still angry.He even sends his wives and family across a river and then sleeps by himself. He is terrified of facing his brother and yet he has just barely escaped his in-laws who didn't want him leaving with their daughters and their livestock.... rock and a hard place if ever there was one

During the night he wrestles with 'a man' (implied to be God) and the man 'touched his hip so that he was wrenched' though there is different verbage in different versions of the Bible.

He Limps from then on. 'Isra-El" is approximately 'wrestles with God'

I could NOT help from noticing the similarities to my Original TMS symptoms (and the obvious emotional fear and anguish he was in)... My 'Back Pain' used to go from Lower lumbar, through the 'Hip' and into the sciatic...At one point I even remember asking a doctor why they were blaming my back when the Hip seemed to be about a midway point for the trouble....all of course explained by TMS being a regional process.

...anyways... I just wanted to share that nugget.

peace

2. Enrique

Enrique Well known member

Thanks for sharing this insight