1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 1 First Day

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Sarah79, Mar 22, 2017.

1. Sarah79

Sarah79 Peer Supporter

So, this is it, I think, the first day of my recovery out of my TMS. I actually have read and absorbed the materials, watched the video, wrote my response, read the success story, am posting in here and will shortly answer the first question posed in the SEP module. My feelings aren't overwhelming, but I do believe that this makes more sense (and I'm a logical kinda gal) than believing that a year since my foot first hurt, it still needs more rest, more ice, more stretching. It's akin to the fact that I stammer and that a lot of the courses that I've been on emphasise the need to breathe correctly - I'm 38, and have thus spent 38 years of my life breathing just fine, thank you. We, as a society, treat the symptoms as the disorder. So, yes, I like this. And I'm already telling my brain not to be so silly when I feel some pain in my foot. I look forward, genuinely, to Day 2

2. mkdragonfly

mkdragonfly New Member

Way to go, Sarah79! We are in the process of retraining our brains. Be loving and gentle with yourself as you go and remember to "think psychological, not physical!"

3. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Sarah79. I agree totally with mkdragonfly. Acceptance of TMS causing your pain is the main thing in healing. Be patient and positive, and besides a little journaling each day, try to live in the present.
    I find deep breathing to be real relaxing... Breathe in through your nose to the count of four, hold for 7,'
    exhale through the mouth to the count of 8.