1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Finished week 1 of SEP!

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by jscitstms, May 1, 2017.

1. jscitstms

jscitstms Newcomer

Just finished my first week of SEP – content is great and easy to follow. It's also a great way to encourage me to journal each day. I took a 10 hour flight to Europe – usually I would have neck pain from flying and arrive feeling terrible. I had no pain from my flight, slept great during my entire trip, and was able to have a vacation without obsessing over pain. I'm struggling a bit today, as the onset of PMS usually causes a ramp up in pain in my neck and back. I'm assuming that PMS triggers anxiety for me . . . which leads to pain. Anyone else have tips for pain that gets worse with PMS?

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

How wonderful you took that long flight and enjoyed your European vacation and it was, I take it, relatively pain-free. You do seem to be wondering about pain and anxiety. That keeps it in your thoughts, so I suggest you don't think about either pain or anxiety. Focus on how good you felt on the trip. Try to enjoy each day and live in the present. Journaling to discover repressed emotions must be helping you... keep it up.