1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Finished Day 10 but it took 4 days

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by EricMd, Mar 9, 2013.

1. EricMd

EricMd Peer Supporter

Crazy at work with all the associated stressor. Did attend a local TMS meet up group last night which I found helpful and I was painfree during the entire meeting (like when I read Sarno's books). Since I don't have to fear my pain, I am going rock climbing tommorrow. (Still a little fear) I have found I am less fearful in other aspects of my life and am more engaged at work and with my children. I am becoming more confident as well. I recognize the negative thinking in others (medical patients) and point it out to them and will share some of the mind body techniques I have learned. I am paying attention to my mind and body and my life is getting better.

veronica73, yb44 and MorComm like this.
  2. yb44

yb44 Beloved Grand Eagle

I hope some of them will listen and take them on board, Eric. Enjoy the rock climbing.

3. Leslie

Leslie Well known member

I am thrilled that your life is getting better! I'm having a very similar experience to what you've described in your post and completely amazes me how much difference can be made by paying attention to what your body has to say and focusing on the positives. I very recently realized just how aware I have become of the negative thinking of myself and others. I had a conversation last week with someone close to me whose comment was "I need to believe there are autoimmune diseases". Previously with this person, I would have moved right past that comment but this time I responded to it. My response was, "you don't have to answer this for me, but I highly recommend answering it for yourself - WHY do you need that belief, what purpose is that thought serving for you?" I don't know the person's answer, but it did stop the negative conversation flow in it's tracks! How was the rock climbing??

4. EricMd

EricMd Peer Supporter

It is good to see you picking up on others negative thoughts. Picking up on their negative thoughts may be easier than picking up on your thoughts but I think it is a good sign. I was wondering why I still have pain at times if I had truely accepted TMS. The answer came when I tripped in the parking lot and my thoughts quickly turned to my back. I guess my belief is not without doubt. I have to belief so deeply, that the next time I trip or catch a falling object, my thought don't automatically go to my back. Rock climbing went well but I would be lying if I said there was no fear. Keep positive and listen to yourself and your body. I will often say to my collegues, that if you listen long and well enough, the patient will tell you what is wrong with them. I guess the same thing applies to yourself.