1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 6 Finding Proof Everyday

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by TheWeeLad, Jun 22, 2019.

1. TheWeeLad

TheWeeLad New Member

Hey everyone! Still working the program. Been busy lately, so haven't been following as closely day to day as I should.

I've been finding more and more proof each day that my pain is fully psychologically based. A few days ago, I was in a lot of pain. I didn't let it get me down, and the pain just magically stopped. Then, a few days later, it came back slowly, but I kept talking to myself and reminding myself that it isn't structural, and it went away - however my left shoulder blade started to hurt! I was so happy when this happened, because it is just further proof that my brain is playing tricks on me.

Today's Q2P asked what my fears are. I don't have a whole lot of physical fears - many are life and goal driven. I grew up in an upper class family, and always feared about dropping out of this class. I don't want to be struggling financially when I have my own family. I also have always feared that I wouldn't live up to my potential. I think I am just mainly scared of the future - I have never been decisive, and the uncertainty of the future does scare me.

I took a peek at the TMS personality traits, and damn did two ever stand out as being me. I am both "legal" and "stoic" basically to a tee. Makes sense that I am struggling with TMS I guess.

JanAtheCPA likes this.
  2. ssxl4000

ssxl4000 Well known member

Great to hear your positive outlook on the shoulder pain! Location substitution is rather silly when you think about it. The shoulder (right one) was one of my newbies too. It went away fairly quickly as like you, I knew it was pure shenanigans.

3. TheWeeLad

TheWeeLad New Member

Before I would just get stressed out when new pain was occur. Now i find it funny, because it always happens when my back starts to chill out.