1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Finding a local therapist

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Smitty, May 5, 2020.

1. Smitty

Smitty New Member

I'm 67, female, and recently realized I have been dealing with several self induced maladies for years and only now know they were all TMS. I had a frozen shoulder, diverticulitis and gurd. All I eventually realized were triggered by stress. Now I want to figure out what is below all this to cause it and I'd like some help with that.

I'm not having much luck finding someone familiar with TMS in the Chapel Hill NC area and it seems crazy to see someone who is not familiar with it. Is there a more extensive listing of therapists somewhere or do you know of any you could recommend? The list on TMS Wiki, the closest one is 2 1/2 hrs away in Charlotte and most seem to want to see you before going to online.

Any thoughts or recommendations would be appreciated. Hoping to resolve this permanently. Thank you.
    Sherrie Norton

2. TG957

TG957 Beloved Grand Eagle

Most of the TMS therapists on the list do Skype sessions, if you are Ok with it.

3. Smitty

Smitty New Member

Thanks but I think most say they want to see you in person first, maybe I'm reading it wrong. I'll look again. Thank you.

TG957 likes this.