1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Finding A Dr in Florida

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by beachygirl, Sep 14, 2013.

1. JEgol71

JEgol71 New Member

Thank you, Plum. You breed kindness with articulation. Would it make sense if I said that the writing of this book -- with the worry that I'm nothing but a fraud blotching every keystroke -- has all my symptoms hankering for a reunion? Fortunately I'm not a party person. But it illustrates the point of TMS with a nice flair of the ol' metacognition.

One thing I've found true of TMS and our personality stencils in general: "If it's good, it's a lie. If it's bad, it's true." May be simple, may be trite, but it's a definite. If one examines how many studies corroborate the freedom we're given to relax (because it's probably psychosomatic), which is the bolus of Sarno's written work, then this rings true, proving the ephemerality of a neurotic's confidence. I use the word "neurotic" endearingly and provincially, perhaps because it was the label I was given by my father, which helps reassure me, and then not reassure me.

2. mncjl123

mncjl123 Peer Supporter

I live in Florida. are you still helping others with tms? I would appreciate knowing if you are a therapist. perhaps we can connect.

3. JEgol71

JEgol71 New Member

I'm not a therapist, but I've been able to help some people head in the right direction. Feel free to email me at JEgol71 at gmail dot com.

4. TrustIt

TrustIt Well known member

Hey SteveO, I too have just recently been diagnosed with Hashimoto's. I too am a TMS type A and have gone through and am still going through some of the same exact symptoms talked about here like IBS, sinus issues, anxiety. I have doubted that I have a thyroid issue as all of my numbers are in the normal ranges other than high antibodies which swing high and low depending on testing. I am convinced it's TMS but this is one of the hardest things to accept as that. It seems it's such a fad now like Sarno mentions in his books about ulcers and how when a malady becomes popular, then so many more develop it or at least are diagnosed with it. I'm very interested in following this thread and adding my journey to the mix. Hopefully, this can be resolved without medication.

5. TrustIt

TrustIt Well known member

Ditto with what you just said. I replied to Steve as well. Very interested in following this Hashimoto's thread. Lets solve this one for the many!