1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Finally the apathy went away, then a whole lot of other symptoms came along..

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Mariskah, Dec 8, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Mariskah

Mariskah Peer Supporter

Wow, what a ride this is! Week 7 now of my journey. Was pain free at 5 weeks, and had mostly anxiety and apathy. That was really hard. Not finding any meaning in anything. It went away, and mentally it was like a fog lifted. Then the other day I had a really bad day: Lots of itching all over, feeling like something was crawling under my skin, strange head sensation, like a helmet was on my head, dizziness, chest pain, numbness, palpitations, chills, wrist pain, pain under feet. Some have calmed down thankfully, mostly wrist pain, chills and anxiety is present now. Some days TMS makes me a little blown away. Its quite the ride to be on!

grapefruit likes this.
  2. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Mariskah,

You are understanding more and more about TMS! All kinds of symptoms can arise, and often after a lull. Or increases and changes happen when you've not gone down the rabbit hole of worry and obsessing about something it has thrown at you. Sounds like you're keeping your head just fine, in the midst of all this. Great work!

Having said all this, and not to alarm you, do take care to get medical examination if chest pain continues, or other things which might be serious. It is easy to get cleared by a physician and then go right back to TMS treatment, but you don't want to miss something. We want to be prudent. And in our prudence to eliminate any serious things, we can be more confident in TMS diagnosis.

Andy

Mariskah likes this.
  3. Mariskah

Mariskah Peer Supporter

Thank you for reply, and your advise!
    I have had these symptoms in august too, before I discovered TMS. I got them all checked. Been on quite a few tests, and I was all cleared. They couldn't find anything wrong with anything that could cause such symptoms thankfully.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2019
    grapefruit likes this.