1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 25 Finally some improvement!

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Garuga, Mar 7, 2018.

1. Garuga

Garuga New Member

I’ve had lower back pain for the last 1.5 years, with the pain coming from sitting and standing in place for too long. I’ve read two books on healing back pain and am diligently working on this Structured Education Program. After 3 + weeks, finally starting to see some improvement. I’ve got a high stress job with lots of people problems — both with subordinates and my manager that seems to exacerbate the issues. I now can see and feel the pain come on when in a tense situation. It probably is also just a coincindence that I am sitting for long periods of time in meetings. I’ve now seen a lessoning of the pain on weekends and workdays where there isn’t a lot of work stress. But when a stressful situation comes on at work, the pain usually intensifies and stays with me until I can get home and relax and exercise. Yesterday I had a stressful morning and the pain came on, but I mindfully thought about what issues I had at work and started to address them. For the first time, the pain subsided quite a bit.

I have also resumed all activities, including weight lifting and P90X cross training. Some workouts give me a bit of pain, but it usually subsides by the next morning. I don’t worry as much about what chair I sit in and if it has the proper amount of padding.

Hopefully I am on to something here! Looking forward to continued improvement!