1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Finally did it

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Boston Redsox, Oct 8, 2014.

1. Boston Redsox

Boston Redsox Well Known Member

After reading all the success stories I decided to put my running sneakers on today and I soon As I did the burning in my legs started along with my feet I excepted it and ran for 20 min... I was so proud of myself yes the pain left me but returned with a vegance in other areas... I new when this happen I hopefully have it on the run.

2. blake

blake Well known member

Wow, 20 minutes, that is absolutely awesome. Tms sure can be tricky, showing up at different places like that all the time.

My pain comes and goes all day long, moving about from one side of my neck to the other. I just go about my day, exercising, working, taking care of my family and so on. When the pain gets really bad, I take a time out to reconnect with myself or I do something I enjoy like watch my favourite TV show or call a friend. what I don't do anymore is worry too much about it, because I know that eventually it will disappear altogether. I took me a while to develop this problem so it makes sense that it should take a while to get better.

Dr. Sarno says to resume your activities to convince yourself that the pain is not structural and it sounds to me like you're doing just that. Great job!

Tennis Tom likes this.
  3. Boston Redsox

Boston Redsox Well Known Member

Blake

Thx for your reply back, you are right tms is a tricky thing I never know where my pain will be when I get sometimes non at sometimes can't even move, but I need to take care of my family and move on knowing it will pass.....at the moment I do take meds so I can sleep I work with my hands so a good night sleep is mandatory ...hopefully soon I will taper down I am not going to beat myself up for taking them...

God Bless

Marco

4. blake

blake Well known member

Hi Marco,
    You're right to decide not to beat yourself up. I know one of the root causes of my tms is my being way too hard on myself. I'm learning to break that very destructive habit. Be patient with yourself and trust that you will heal.
    All the best

Boston Redsox likes this.