1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 6 Finally able to journal

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by scootertoe, Jun 11, 2014.

1. scootertoe

scootertoe New Member

I should have started journaling yesterday ( or maybe the day before?) but life sometimes gets in the way and so I did my first two journal exercises tonight, followed by meditation. I have been doing daily meditation since starting the program and love it. I wake up 15 minutes earlier than usual to do this and sometimes do it before I to to sleep. The past 24 hours were stressful (I'm sure there will be a journal entry about that down the road) and I felt worse today than I have since beginning the program last week. After doing two days of journaling tonight I was VERY emotional and could feel the tightness in my neck and shoulder getting worse so I decided to do some brief meditation as suggested on the Day 6 page. Wow- I feel so much better after only a brief period of time. My mood is lighter and my pain is gone for now. Looking forward to seeing what Day 7 has in store!

Eric "Herbie" Watson and Marian like this.
  2. srton

srton Well known member

totally with you on having difficulty getting up the courage to journal. it's really tough for me, too and I seem to always find some excuse to postpone (like responding to your message now!) I'm also on Day 7.
    Good luck to all of us on staying strong with the program :)

Eric "Herbie" Watson likes this.