1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 1 Fibromyalgia

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Lotus, Jun 8, 2021.

1. Lotus

Lotus New Member

I’ve had fibromyalgia for 15 years. It started when I started dating my now husband. I am housebound. I listened to the doctors, physical therapist, chiropractors and therapists until a few years ago and had finally had enough. I tried to do the ANS REWIRE Program but struggled with the debilitating brain fog. I’m having a hard time even learning about TMS and using the tools because my brain fog is so severe. I have a severe trauma history.

I feel like 100% accept the TMS diagnosis but it’s really probably more like 99%. There’s just that tiny part of me that isn’t 100% sure but I pretty much know this is me. I have hope that this will at least decrease my symptoms because it sounds so much like me and makes so much sense.

2. Ellen

Ellen Beloved Grand Eagle

Welcome to the Forum!

I had fibromyalgia for 20 years and completely recovered using the TMS approach in 2013. Complete recovery is possible. 99% belief is great! Keep strengthening it.

You can read my success story by clicking on my profile.

If reading is hard for you right now, there are many podcasts and videos on TMS available. If possible, it may be beneficial to work with a TMS coach or therapist. Let us know what you need to move forward and we'll make specific recommendations. You've come to the right place.

BloodMoon, Lotus and miffybunny like this.
  3. miffybunny

miffybunny Beloved Grand Eagle

The core belief that stems from trauma, and especially attachment trauma is that the person thinks they are somehow "fundamentally flawed". This falsely held belief colors their whole world and interactions and relationships and sense of self. It leaves no room for trust or confidence. Have you had any emotions based therapy like ISTDP or Internal Family Systems or EMDR? Something along those lines would help to process the trauma that is now stuck in your body. The goal to overcoming trauma, is embracing it and realizing it was not your fault. It doesn't sound like you have very much doubt if at all, so the work will probably lie more in the emotions and mindset and thought patterns (the programming you have since childhood). If you want something shorter term , TMS coaches or therapists can help as well.

Lotus and Ellen like this.
  4. Lotus

Lotus New Member

Thanks for welcoming me.

Watching/listening is actually harder for me than reading but thanks.

I am learning a lot so I’m glad I found out about TMS. This feels like a safe place.

5. Lotus

Lotus New Member

I was in therapy for 10 years with a psychodynamic therapist who supposedly specialized in trauma however it was traumatizing because she was a covert narcissist and our relationship was codependent. I had never heard of ISTDP but it sounds interesting. I’ve heard of the other two and Internal Family Systems sounded interesting. I’m torn regarding EMDR because it can make some people with severe childhood trauma worse. I’m currently reading Healing Trauma by Peter Levine and following the program. Thanks for your insight.

miffybunny likes this.