1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Fibromyalgia-sufferers that have healed

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by DUM00, Aug 6, 2016.

1. DUM00

DUM00 New Member

Hi everyone.

I've been told i have fibro and i've been dealing with it for 7 years now. Searching internet, i have found so many different explanations for teh cause of it, each one of them with some kinf of "remedy". Some say fibro comes form a virus (EBV), some others said it's a cause of magensium deficiency, or reaction to gluten, sugar, unhealthy food, etc.

The number of remedies is really ridiculous. For each remedy, there's a certain number of people who claims it works, all af them absolutly convinced of fibro being an illness caused from a wide range of "deficiencies" or biological stuff. The desperation i've found on fibro forums is incredible, basically it's a "pain" forum, where everyone goes to post about their own unbearable pain. The rest of the forum will tell him/her that there is no solution, nobody is helping them, doctors don't know anything, fibro being the worst illness on earth, etc, etc. Way far of making me feel better, i feel worst. If this is not bad enough, there are a bunch of "writers/doctors" that sell books with miraculous remedies, some of them being really really irrational. For example, check "Medical Medium", where basically this "doctor" heard the cure of every kind of illnes form a spirit. Check the reviews on Amazon, i`m not kiding, there's almost 1800 people claiming they cured their fibro/Lime desease/Chronic Fatigue, etc. (It's kind of funny, because this kind of reviews are actually quite similar to the ones on Dr.Sarno books "i've cured in just two months","Amazing! I didn't belive it at first, but then..." )
    What might be even worst is that you can find "cientific proof" and a "completely seroius study" that justify your belief. There are a lot of studies that claim that fibro is a clinical condition, proven by the existence of X substance lacking on fibro sufferers, or an excessive amount of Y in their blood, wich are completly in contradiction with the claims of Dr. Sarno. If at least only one fibro sufferer healed with Dr. Sarno advices, then it's quite obvious that this "studies" are full of lies.

Sorry for the long list of complains, maybe i'm unburdening all this thoughts. I just want to know if there is someone here that have really healed from fibro, that would clear all my doubts. I know there are several sufferers who have healed and have their stories in the book, but for some reason the stories form "Michell", "Bob" and "Lisa" don't seem to be quite real to me, and i would like to know a real person who actually healed with the TMS method.

Thanks, and sorry for all the gramar and typos, english is not my main language.

Lavender and JanAtheCPA like this.
  2. Ellen

Ellen Beloved Grand Eagle

I had fibromyalgia for 20 years and recovered from it completely with TMS methods. It took me about 9-12 months. You can read my success story on my profile page or in the Success Stories sub-forum. There are other success stories on this Forum, e.g. @hecate105 .

You can also find success stories from people who had fibromyalgia on Dr. Schubiner's website unlearnyourpain.com

I went through many, many treatments before I stumbled upon TMS. This is the only approach that works. It takes hard work and persistence, but you will recover if you keep at it.

My best to you on your healing journey...........

Yinlin and readytoheal like this.
  3. DUM00

DUM00 New Member

Thank you so much for replying. It's amazing that you had to struggle for almost one year to beat fibro, i thaught it would be faster. I'll make my best to heal. Thanks again.

4. BruceMC

BruceMC Beloved Grand Eagle

I knew a woman who had fibro and the etiology of her symptoms seemed to follow what Clancy McKenzie calls the classic 'two trauma process'. She had been involved in a traumatic car crash in which she suffered a broken jaw, fractured ribs and a dislocated shoulder. Painful conditions to be sure, but as she healed up from her injuries, the pain subsided and went away as you'd expect. However, a couple years later she was involved in an acrimonious divorce from a dominating Naval officer husband, and then it happened. Fibro manifested as all over body pain that concentrated in her lower lumbar region. Well, she forced herself to hike and run and start a new job as a waitress in the Sierra far away from the scenes of her car crash and divorce. After a couple of months, the fibro symptoms went down and disappeared. Sounds very much to me as though fibro is really a very much more intense version of TMS caused by unresolved emotions triggered by a physical event, in this woman's case a car crash. Very similar to whiplash where a tiny hit on a stationary vehicle causes the patient to experience excruciating pain way out of proportion to the physical stimulus. In other words, don't look for a physical trigger, but rather examine the underlying emotions behind your condition. Confront those unpleasant emotions and in the process change yourself.

hecate105, breakfree and 3rdCoast like this.
  5. Ellen

It doesn't have to take a year to recover, that's just how long it took me. Everyone is different.

6. Boston Redsox

Boston Redsox Well Known Member

What's is the ( HARD WORK) I never understood that comment. Do you mean journaling being in touch with your feeling denying physical problems ...can someone PLEASE EXPLAIN THE HARD WORK?

7. Ellen

The hard work for me was journaling about all my past issues and honestly looking at current emotions and where they come from. It is also difficult trying to change my lifelong dysfunctional patterns of thinking and behavior. And doing the daily practice of trying to regulate my nervous system--yoga, exercise, meditation, deep breathing.

Recovery from TMS has not been easy for me.

hecate105 and breakfree like this.
  8. Boston Redsox

Boston Redsox Well Known Member

Ellen

It has been a land mind of a journey for me I seem trapped in the forest and can't get out...I journaled for 3 years and found little or no help in it..it came a point where journaling just brought in more pain I found it stupid to keep bringing up the past over and over ..deep breathing and mediation just seemed like more denial ...yes it help to slow my mind down but it was a placebo at best.. I have nothing at the moment that helps when pain comes...I gave tms therapy a go did for awhile until I could not afford it anymore ( I found it helpful made me understand why I suffer , but like all therapy just went around in circles repeating the same issue that brought me to my tms suffering I need to change my mind any maybe be more accepting of my circumstances but God it still does not help with the pain

BruceMC likes this.
  9. Jason32

Jason32 Peer Supporter

The hard work for me, personally, was accepting that there was/is nothing wrong and not reacting emotionally to pain/discomfort. Realizing that my emotional reactions to pain (catastrophic thinking, getting scared, anxious or depressed about it) were just as bad as the actual pain itself. If you have a central nervous system that's been wired for chronic pain for a long time, it's going to take a long time to fix it- all those pain pathways have to be unwired. I still get flare ups myself, but I noticed when I start to have doubts the pain explodes to an unbearable level and when I stay calm its far more manageable.