1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Fibro is TMS and Tips of Recovery.

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by cirrusnarea, Aug 12, 2015.

1. cirrusnarea

cirrusnarea Well known member

2. Markus

Markus Guest

cirrusnarea likes this.
  3. mike2014

mike2014 Beloved Grand Eagle

If you get a chance read Freedom from Fibromyalgia by Nancy Selfridge. The book re-enforces it's TMS and provides a way to be pain free. The method is somewhat intense, but has been quite a success from what I've gathered.

cirrusnarea likes this.
  4. cirrusnarea

Thanks will add to my reading list, it's very cheap on Amazon. I know it's connected with depression and anxiety as well which I'm also working on right now.

5. cirrusnarea

More doctors need to acknowledge TMS, but big pharma is working against it.

Markus likes this.
  6. Bunneh

Bunneh Peer Supporter

Greetings from a fellow fibro/TMS sufferer. I'm starting psychotherapy next week to help me deal with emotional burden. Hang in there, we're all healing....slooooowly. I must say, sometimes the pain is so intense I consider jumping through the window, but I won't give up. Thanks for the link! :)

IrishSceptic and cirrusnarea like this.
  7. Boston Redsox

Boston Redsox Well Known Member

Great link

cirrusnarea likes this.
  8. mike2014

I agree, a fabulous link, I think in a nutshell, we all must learn to be happy with ourselves by being grounded and less focussed on the cloudy thoughts that transpire from day to day living. If you can be at one with yourself, you can find peace with others.

mdh157, cirrusnarea and Boston Redsox like this.
  9. cirrusnarea

Yep, usually Fibro sufferers and the establishment hate to hear of TMS, but here is an article on how to use TMS healing techniques on Fibromyalgia! I see this as a great achievement.

10. cirrusnarea

"Most fibro is experienced by women." Here's my theory.

A. Men are more associated with strenuous labor, ergo they get back pain and attribute it to injuries in the spine. They have no reason to believe otherwise, therefore the pain stays in the back.

B. Women are more open to attributing their symptoms to Fibro, especially if it's considered a women's disease, men would be ashamed to report it.

Thoughts?

11. Boston Redsox

I have it I guess by I call it TMS and I am no women.

12. Boston Redsox

cirrusnarea likes this.
  13. mike2014

To an extent I agree we do attach ourselves to a symptom or symptoms that may be in fad, unknowingly and probably at a deeper unconcincious level.

Men suffer from fibro too, it's not so much they are ashamed, but more the fact some Dr's dont look at the entire picture and give them the correct diagnosis. People tend to be labelled with this ailment when Dr's have exhausted all other avenues.

I certainly wouldn't say, one malady is exclusive to a particular sex. We are all prone to any dis-ease, whatever we label it.

On a side note, I truly believe there may be a disparity in these numbers because people haven't necessarily been diagnosed properly. Dr's aren't always open to giving a Fibro diagnosis.

Tennis Tom likes this.
  14. mdh157

mdh157 Well known member

I love this article and I don't have Fibro..........it fits for all of us regardless of our condition or place in life.