1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

"fibro fog"?

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by music321, May 23, 2017.

1. music321

music321 Well known member

I have read of "fibro fog" as cognitive difficulties experienced by those of us suffering from TMS. I'm pretty sure that this is what I'm experiencing. All of my life, I've had difficulty concentrating and buckling down. I'm hoping to return to college at some point in the next few years. I'm trying to study some material. Sometimes, when in the "zone", I can focus on it. Many times, I simply can't.

This evening, I've been watching a TV show and pausing it because I feel that I should be studying. I try to study, can't concentrate, realize I'm just wasting time, and go back to watching TV. Then the cycle repeats. I made a few careless errors just when typing this.

Have any of you experienced this sort of thing, and has it gone away with the rest of your TMS symptoms? Thanks.

2. MWsunin12

MWsunin12 Beloved Grand Eagle

I've had focus / concentration issues, but I think they are tied into procrastination from fear of following through and not really mental fog.
    A true mental fog would be with you all the time. Do you have trouble driving?, or watching a ball game?, or remembering what groceries you want to get? When you're watching TV is it hard for you to follow the plot?

Do you want to go back to college for something you love doing, or just a way to make more money?

Just thoughts. But, I know for me...it's a question of fear.

3. music321

music321 Well known member

It's with me all the time. I don't drive, and I don't know how I would be affected. Thanks for the reply.