1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Feelings after Journalling

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by AkashVerma, Apr 24, 2023.

1. AkashVerma

AkashVerma Peer Supporter

I often feel sadness and anxiety after finishing daily Journalling. Many a time, It stays for couple of hours. Sometimes, Pain also intensify little bit. Is it normal? I want your opinion if I am doing anything wrong.

2. Cactusflower

Cactusflower Beloved Grand Eagle

@AkashVerma
    What a great job you are doing with your tms work!
    It is absolutely normal to have emotions, feelings, increased anxiety or other symptoms when journalling!
    These are indicators you are getting to the heart of things that are making your mind uncomfortable - the things it has tried to keep you safe from, by not realizing it is already safe to have these emotions.
    Last year I had an intense 6 months of anxiety and pain doing my hardest tms work. Then for me that passed, but my pain has not yet.
    This is different for everyone. Sometimes people have no pain but lots of anxiety.
    All of it shows you are doing the work!

AkashVerma, Ellen and JanAtheCPA like this.
  3. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

@AkashVerma , did any of us ever recommend the book Hope and Help For Your Nerves, by Claire Weekes? If you have anxiety and even mild depresion, it's a great companion for TMS work. It's actually the second book that saved my life right after The Divided Mind.

Otherwise, I agree with @Cactusflower - as hard as this feels, you are making progress. Have compassion for yourself at this time, and if you find yourself accessing painful childhood memories, have compassion for that young child, and let the memories arise.