1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 8 Feeling the emotions is scary

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by MJG, Mar 24, 2014.

1. MJG

MJG New Member

When feeling the emotions that cause the tms, I get so negative about my self , that makes me NOT want to feel the emotions. This past week I am slightly more aware of having the negative/bulling thoughts. Yesterday I blamed myself for our refrigerator not working, like I have control over a machine. But in my thoughts I saw how I beat myself up, and it was my fault it broke. I am seeing how much negative self talk exists in my thoughts. Not a lot of compassion there, mostly disapproval of self/ self hatred. Thanks,

Stella and Eric "Herbie" Watson like this.
  2. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

Don't fear the emotions. You have a choice, is there a particular place you get stuck?
    Let me know ok, I can most defiantly help you for sure.
    Bless You

3. MJG

MJG New Member

I am stuck when I "feel" the emotions, I could tell you about the emotions but I don't think I'm feeling them. I think they are scary but that is not feeling them either. The more I learn about tms the more I think I've had different symptoms all my life. I'm pretty sure my parents had tms. Thanks for you help "Herbie"

Eric "Herbie" Watson likes this.
  4. Stella

Stella Well known member

No matter how minor the mistake or how minor the flaw. Even if I had nothing to do with the issue it must still be mine fault. I somehow must must be to blame..

My Mother had TMS too. She couldn't provide emotional support or take up for me. I can't express healty disagreement or healthy anger. I so fear others being disappointed in me too....

MJG likes this.
  5. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

Ok so if you can talk about them then ain't you experiencing them objectively - disassociated, if your not feeling them associated right. So if you can write about them and experience them that way then you are still experiencing them ok. So my next question would be how long have you been trying to feel your feelings? And the last thing I want to say is if you can come to peace with what you can describe by what your emotions are then you are still Facing the emotions right?

Honestly, a certain amount of people never do feel their emotions cause of the disassociation ok. Its really no problem as long as you can describe them. Do you feel emotional -- when you describe them?

We can go from here ok, thanks.

6. MJG

MJG New Member

Feeling my feelings would be somewhat new, mostly try to "not go there". Due to this forum I'm paying attention. The pain in my hips returned over the weekend. Normally I would have thought it returned because I'm doing more,but when I think back on all the negative thoughts regarding the broken refrig I see how upset I was, blaming myself. When I say upset, I realize I'm angy.... I'm angry at myself for not being perfect or good enough...I get that you should (there's that word again) have compassion towards yourself, but don't normally choose that option.
    I feel my emotions, but how much is still repressed in the unconscious .
    Thanks