1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Feeling stuck

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by peatear, Apr 4, 2017.

1. peatear

peatear New Member

Hi everyone, I'm feeling stuck. I've read the books, I think I 'get' it, but the pain still exists.

I feel like I keep getting stuck at a point, thinking it is a different TMS program, a different approach, a different book. I always feel like it is just out of reach so I look for something else.

This is probably part of the problem, the lack of consistency, but, either way, I can't move forward.

This is just the tip of the iceberg, but maybe someone can help me?

Thanks

2. healingfromchronicpain

healingfromchronicpain Well known member

I'm curious to hear other responses. I'm in a similar situation, so for what it's worth, you're not alone.

Reading the books, telling my brain to "stop it!" and even stopping trying for a while after I came to a level of acceptance of my situation (almost like I was giving up, but more like not fighting it anymore) helped me to some degree.

I ended up getting the most pain reduction from mindbody-based myofasial release therapy. It helped me identify repressed emotions that I was holding in my body, and that brought my pain way down.

But I'm still stuck, too. I'm thankful my pain isn't nearly as bad as it was several years ago, but I can't seem to get past these last layers of pain. I've tried many additional techniques, including talk therapy, EFT (tapping), EMDR, and somatic experiencing (SE) to address past trauma that I know has fed my chronic pain. And I've even chronicled my journey on a personal website (www.healingfromchronicpain.com) in hopes that sharing my story might help me by not holding it all in anymore, and maybe by making me feel useful and giving me a purpose. And my pain did go down a little when I published the website. But I'm still stuck with pain.

I'm going to make a concerted effort to try journaling as recommended in Nicole Sachs' book. I feel like I haven't journaled specific to how she recommends, and maybe that will help. But I certainly can relate when you say you keep trying different things and maybe that's the problem.

Good luck to you and let's see what others say :)

3. plum

plum Beloved Grand Eagle

Don't worry. Many people hit this impasse and then go on to heal. Have a read of this thread and pay particular attention to the 4 suggestions I make that will help you get moving. The 4th one is later on in the thread than the first 3.

http://www.tmswiki.org/forum/threads/do-some-never-heal.14869/ (Do some never heal)

Plum x