1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

feeling sorry for myself

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by mncjl123, May 27, 2016.

1. mncjl123

mncjl123 Peer Supporter

Through all the years of chronic pain, I still find days where I cry and feel sorry for myself. is this common?

2. Lady Phoenix

Lady Phoenix Peer Supporter

I always tried not to feel sorry for myself but sometimes I just cried and looked at the shambles my life had become. I felt so pathetic! No way out! But luckily there is a way out and you are actually much luckier than most people that you found out about TMS. It is really amazing how quickly I started to feel better. I eventually hit a plateau which is frustrating. I have a personality that accepted TMS rather quickly so I don't know if this might be holding you back. Remember that feelings are genuine so you can't ignore them. "Feel the feelings or feel the pain" as Dr Sarno says. After that pick up the pieces (or the book) and move on. If you have trouble, use this site to help.

3. Ellen

Ellen Beloved Grand Eagle

Oh, yes. This is called being human. Feel it and don't feel guilty about it. You are entitled to your feelings. Just don't stay there too long. Switch your focus and find a way to enjoy life.

Jacqui9 likes this.