1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Feeling so stressed

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by calmandserene, Dec 1, 2017.

Tags:
  1. calmandserene

calmandserene New Member

I have had a return of reflux after I had this for 12 months 4 years ago. Nothing worked to get rid of it and eventually it went away. Living with it though was extremely stressful. It disappeared but then I devolped knee pain and insomnia. A couple of weeks ago I went to the movies and I ate salted nuts (which I dont normally eat). When I got home I had dinner then about an half hour later my bellie swelled and I was in extreme pain and wind. I could bearly move it was that painful. Eventually i vomited and my bellie went down and I settled. For the next week I ate normal only feeling slightly sensitive in my stomach. Then by the following weekend reflux back. Did this episode cause this reflux? Last time I was fully checked out and nothing was sinister. It feels constant not much relief tablets dont help and I have adjusted my diet to be a bit more bland. I am terrified that this current episode will be like the last time for such a long time. I pretty sure this is tms. Last time I had reflux I didnt suffer from the anxiety that I do now. So I am worried this will be for a long time. I just cant seem to get a handle on my fear . Any suggestions?