1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 1 Feeling skeptical

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by catherinet, Dec 7, 2014.

1. catherinet

catherinet New Member

I'm committed to doing the full 30 day SEP but I just have a nagging worry that I'm going to be one of those outliers for whom the program doesn't work, and who needs therapy, deconditioning, yada, yada, yada.

My pain level can be reduced via distraction and focusing on other things, but it is intense enough to require strong pain killers, and I'm on the 3rd week of missed work.

I have my eval with a TMS doctor in 3 weeks so perhaps I will have a different perspective once I meet with him, especially if I contine the SEP for the next 21 days.

2. Ryan

Ryan Well known member

Everyone has doubt at first if you wouldn't have doubt you would probably heal quickly, stuborn sub conscious. Going to a tms doctor is awesome and hope it will help your belief in the diagnosis and know there is hope. Keep at it and you will see change. Faith and perserverance go a long way in this process. Have you read any tms books?

Ryan

Irene and Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) like this.
  3. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

catherinet, try not to think you will be among those who don't heal after doing the SEP.
    Instead, think you ARE going to heal. It's all in the mind, so feed positive thoughts into yours.
    Ryan is right about faith in healing and in TMS and perseverance.

4. Irene

Irene Peer Supporter

Welcome, Catherinet! I'm enjoying the SEP, but taking it at my own pace. If it takes me three days to do one day, well, that's fine. I especially like success stories, and look forward to reading yours! welcomea

5. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Sure, Catherinet, do SEP at your own pace. There's no one watching with a stop watch.
    Success stories are some of the best ways to increase TMS belief you will heal.