1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Feeling really low

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Scouser, Jan 18, 2015.

1. stevee620

stevee620 New Member

Hello Scouser, and everyone else. I've just come across this site, through my usual keyword google search words, which are Pain, Nerve, Guitar. These words led me to your post.
    I can totally empathize with you on this, because playing the guitar has been my passion for over 30 years. This was until about 8 years ago, when i developed an RSI in my fretting forefinger. Over the years this has spread into my forearm/s shoulder, neck and at the moment its terrible.
    I've had physio, steroid injections, anti inflammatories, even a subacromial decompression operation in my shoulder. Rest, Ice, Heat, NOTHING has even touched it!
    This pain usually waxed and waned a bit, but about 2 months ago, i treated myself to something i've always wanted. A real Fender Telecaster. Guess what, 2 days after buying it, major flare up of all symptoms! And they haven't gone away. Even watching someone playing the guitar on youtube makes the symptoms worse. In my own way of thinking, i thought maybe its because i felt guilty or something for spending so much money on a guitar that i may not even be able to play. At this moment, even thinking about playing it brings on my symptoms.
    I'd like to know what type of symptoms you get from playing? Mine are burning in the forearm and back of my neck mainly.
    I'm hoping that when this book comes, and i've read it, i will be able to understand whats going on with me, because i have in fact suspected some psychological aspect is at work here for some time.
    Hope to hear from you,
    Stephen.