1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 2 Feeling much more hopeful!

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by scootertoe, Jun 6, 2014.

1. scootertoe

scootertoe New Member

So after missing the first 4 days of work this week due to pain and spending a great deal of that time reading Dr. Sarno's book and learning to accept that I have TMS, I made a conscious decision to take today - the final day of my usual workweek- as a day for me, to do my journal entries and my program commitment and to go shopping, which is something I used to LOVE to do but have not enjoyed recently due to my pain. I'm sure my boss would not be pleased that I stayed home and went shopping and I'm sure my bank account won't be happy because I am out of paid sick time BUT I have read that I need to take care of me and that's what I did today! Can I say I was totally pain-free? Absolutely not! But I can say that I was able to shop from 10:30 -4:00 without any significant pain and when I felt it creeping in, I used all that I've learned so far to banish it! As I sit here at 9:30 tonight and reflect, I can honestly say that today was one of the best days I have had in a long time. This is especially exciting because I have a hectic weekend ahead filled with lots of good things- looking at wedding venues with our son and future daughter-in-law, a family dinner to celebrate their engagement and the bridal shower of my best friend's daughter- so much to celebrate and enjoy! If not for this week and this program, I would probably not be feeling so excited about the weekend ahead because I would be fearful of how my pain might get in the way. I can honestly say that I am also very much looking forward to getting back to work on Monday! I know the road ahead will not always be easy but I am confident that with this program and the support of this community, I can take my life back!

Eric "Herbie" Watson likes this.
  2. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

Yes, You are on the right trail. So many of us put off what makes us happy so much and then we wonder what could I be doing wrong, Well got a good does of happiness and connection to that happiness by doing what you needed to do deep down inside and you are excited about it to boot, that is special cause you aren't beating yourself up for having a great time. You most definitely know this tool scootertoe. Always use this tool to help yourself soothe and enjoy life, enjoy nature, enjoy what you love to do. Life is made for enjoyment and enjoyment heals.
    Bless you

scootertoe likes this.