1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 3 Feeling hopeless at sports.

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by artetvif, Nov 18, 2014.

1. artetvif

artetvif Newcomer

Today's question to ponder is about exercising.
    I personally never stopped doing exercice since my problem is not principally a pain but eczéma, so the last time I exercised was on Friday. Like every weak since September I went to Kung fu class. I started this activity in September because I couldn't find a Tai Chi lesson which I think would suit best my personality, and also because I really want to get stronger. This activity "force" me to train twice a weak because I feel obligated to attend (not like jogging where I would always find excuses for not going). This weak we worked on technique, which doesn't really interest me since I "just" want to gain confidence in myself by getting stronger. We also worked on close combat but I couldn't do the exercise pretty well even though my partners were not really defending him/herself. So it made me feel sad because I felt weak and not good enough to succeed in an exercice (sorry I am French so I am not really sure of how to say this in English). As you can see I am really good at putting pressure and strong expectations over myself. Feeling hopeless at things is one of my specialties even though I hate myself for it.

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, artevif. Maybe Kung Fu, or that particular class, isn't the best thing for you.
    Close combat might not be what you need.
    In any case, if you continue in that class, just take it as it comes and don't expect so much of yourself.
    And do keep exercising, whether it is Kung Fu or find an Internet Tai Chi program you could do at home.
    Do a search on YouTube and you will find several Tai Chi sites you can watch on your computer
    and then practice at home.