1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 1 Feeling hopeful!

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by jewbetcha, Jan 17, 2021.

1. jewbetcha

jewbetcha Newcomer

Hello everyone, I just stumbled across this forum and TMS, and it seems to be just what I'm looking for.

Just after new year 2020 I had a bad panic attack, and it triggered a physical response in my body that has stayed with me ever since. I have constant irritation in my sinuses (despite no congestion or signs of infection), tension and pain in my face muscles, and pressure and pain behind my eyes. I have gone through 2 sinus surgeries, seen countless doctors, tried every medicine, and the only thing that helps me are benzos and anxiety medications. Some days are worse than others, and I can usually go symptom-free if I am doing something particularly joyful, or if I'm out in the woods camping (changing my environment).

I have been leaning towards the idea that these symptoms are psychosomatic for the past couple months, since no traditional treatments have helped me and I can mostly eliminate symptoms with anxiety meds. I have seen a bit of improvement with meditation and acupuncture, however I continue to experience symptoms on a daily basis.

I'm looking forward to trying the SEP and I'm hopeful that this can help all of us.

Hedger likes this.
  2. Hedger

Hedger Well known member

This sounds like TMS.

Like the Rick profile pick!

Good luck and keep us updated

jewbetcha likes this.
  3. jewbetcha

jewbetcha Newcomer

Thanks so much! I will <3

4. giulietta90

giulietta90 New Member