1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 1 Feeling hopeful

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Nams1, May 13, 2019.

1. Nams1

Nams1 Newcomer

It feels quite strange to be posting this as usually I am not one to post on the internet, however I want to follow the programme so here I am! I have been suffering from sciatic pain for the past 4 or so years, most of that time it was just a slight discomfort in my glute, however for the past year it has been really bad, culminating in a severe acute episode recently which made me reach for Dr. Sarno's book again. I'm not a fan of going to the doctor and thought they would probably just give me pain killers and send me away, so I have just been dealing with it in various ways - yoga, acupuncture, massage, sometimes pain relief, journalling, anything to try and ease it. I eventually went for an MRI recently which showed a herniated disc, no surprise that the pain escalated with that knowledge! But in a way I'm glad I did it, as now I seem to be able to relate to the book more as it feels even more like it's me in the pages. I'm happy to report that the pain is already almost gone! I know though, that there is still doubt and fear in my mind and I feel it could just come back anytime. So I want to work through this programme to help solidify my belief in this process and hopefully eliminate this pain for good!

2. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Nams1,

Welcome to the Forum and the Structured Education Program. It seems like you're well on your way, with good past experience, and good results ongoing. Keep us posted!

Andy B