1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Feeling feelings

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by veronica73, May 10, 2012.

1. veronica73

veronica73 Well known member

Beach-Girl, Justina and Forest like this.
  2. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

Thanks for posting this. I love the idea that we are not our thoughts and feelings. If you are recovering and a strong emotion, thought, or feelings pops up it doesn't mean that you are a bad person. The article has one really great quote:
    I would just change Church to in your past or from your family. I think a lot of us add shame, blame, and guilt to mix whenever a powerful emotion rises to the surface. Instead of feeling bad about ourselves or having a lot of anxiety about our emotions, we just need to ask ourselves why we have this shame, blame, or guilt about our perfectly normal emotions such as anger and rage.

Thanks again for posting this terrific article

veronica73 likes this.
  3. veronica73

veronica73 Well known member

Glad you liked it, Forest. I think the first time it occured to me that the might not be a "correct" way that I "should" feel I was 35. I feel like I'm new to all of this :)

4. Justina

Justina Peer Supporter

Thanks for posting this link! It's the first 'head-talk' article I've read that actually made sense to me. :)