1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 8 Feeling excellent. Doubting why.

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by yvettemariabetancourt, Apr 10, 2014.

1. yvettemariabetancourt

yvettemariabetancourt Peer Supporter

I have had an excellent first week. I resumed elliptical, stretching (because I want to), riding bike. Feel amazing. Of course, the way this diagnosis works is you doubt your good health and wonder when the misery will return. I am proud I have worked right through some discomfort to only find it dissipate in a short while.

I had an epidural injection 2 wks ago for crushing pain that is likely making me doubt my progress with the TMS recovery program BUT I can say in my last relapse a few months my recovery was 3 MONTHS LONG with the same shot, so I know this is different. Being plagued by self doubt with my health is one of the issues I am attending counseling about. It makes NO sense as I am a picture of health, except for my herniated disc, at 45. I am blessed and am focused on that. I want my good health to DOMINATE my body, not the other way around.

Anyway, birds are chirping. So much to be thankful for. More insight to be gained.

Thanks to all for your kind words and support.

2. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

yvettemariabetancourt, I love that name.
    The self - doubt can be overcame with your belief in you. Your compassion for you. When you hear those voices of doubt, imagine them turn into voices of hope. It sounds weird but you can do this and prove that sounds and feelings can be controlled. The feelings you just notice them without judgement or fear. Just focus on your breathing and thoughts of pictures can be changed with the nlp swish if you have thoughts with pictures.

Now all of these modalities, the sight, feal, and sight modalities have feelings with them too like doubt and self. See here You just learn how to change what you associate the emtion too. The general emotion of self doubt.

All of this is explained more in Eugene Gendlins Focusing and Claire Weekes Facing. Then Abraham lowes works and John Sarno of course. I'm glad you have a therapist. That really helps to know your staying course.

If you are still thinking it could be physical, this will only hinder you so it's up to you but thinking just a little stuctural will keep you from advancing. It's very normal at first and 8 weeks isn't that long but its time to think emotional and psychological more than ever ok.

Let me know your protocol ok.

Bless You