1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Feeling Burned Out from Journaling and Pain Talk

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by levfin003, Sep 4, 2015.

1. levfin003

levfin003 Peer Supporter

What do you guys do when you feel burned out from all the journaling and pain talk? Take a day off? Meditate? Pray?

I have had moderately tight muscles (no pain) since I engaged in some activities. I don't feel horrible. I don't feel any loss of control of my life, but I am annoyed that my back is tight. I have been trying to pain talk, but am now feeling a bit burned out of ordering the muscles to relax.

I have also realized that I need to spend some time in prayers and meditations, acceptance and forgiveness. There is so much anger in me that I want to deal with.

2. mike2014

mike2014 Beloved Grand Eagle

Hello there, that's common, journalling is an exhausting task. We've all felt that pain and you are not by any means alone.

I would suggest not to beat yourself up if you miss a day, just rather let everything unfold as and when you're ready. Putting far too much pressure on yourself can in fact be counterproductive of healing.

I would recommend incorporating meditation, being mindful or EFT into your daily routine. Mindfulness is a fantastic way of releasing that anger, in a safe environment without passing judgement and being kind to yourself. Whereas being mindful will teach you to be compassionate, loving and caring of yourself when these negative thoughts start to enter your mind.

The more you can tune into your feelings, the easier more beneficial it will be for you to break the thought cycle that keeps you in pain.

Good luck, you are not alone in your journey. Please be gentle, loving and caring to yourself.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2015
    JanAtheCPA and SunnyinFL like this.
  3. Tennis Tom

Tennis Tom Beloved Grand Eagle

I go out and hit tennis balls, run in the pool, do some backstroke, a few laps around a race track, or a little drive coast to coast. A tank of gas is really cheap therapy especially now that gas prices are so low.

GET OUT OF YOUR HEAD!--the good doctor's message was never to sit around ruminating about one's psychological issues. His message is the body is strong, you don't have to live in fear of breaking it--"If it's too heavy to lift, you wouldn't be able to lift it." Start using your body more and your mind less--Just do it!

If you're sore from exercising, get a massage, sit in a hot-tub, or have a cocktail--or all three.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2015
  4. IndiMarshall

IndiMarshall Well known member

hi Levfin.. listen to metta mediation (loving and kindness meditation.) I posted them on general section..

JanAtheCPA and levfin003 like this.
  5. IndiMarshall

Great one Tom!

JanAtheCPA likes this.
  6. levfin003

levfin003 Peer Supporter

Cheap gas and the beautiful country roads! Can't stay away from those.

JanAtheCPA and Tennis Tom like this.
  7. David88

David88 Well known member

A walk or swim is great for clearing the head. I also relax by playing the piano or working on my model railroad.

Tennis Tom likes this.
  8. IndiMarshall

I used to drive between Bristol and Box (near Bath) .. its a heavenly ride to office .. driving in the country roads is the best thing to destress. specially in summer we can pulll by and have a ice cream :)

Tennis Tom likes this.
  9. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

If I need relief from worry or stress, physical or mental, I do some deep breathing and also I laugh, even if nothing is funny. I pretend something is funny and laugh. Just a few minutes of laughing and I feel better.

I also find lots of pleasant distractions at YouTube. Ask it anything and the answers are there.
    I love the relaxation music videos, especially those of Okanokuno from Japan.

tunnelight and Tennis Tom like this.
  10. Tennis Tom

Tennis Tom Beloved Grand Eagle

Sounds nice especially in an MG, an old Mini-Cooper, a Morgan or a Moke on a sunny day.

Edit: Sorry, left out Lotus, but it doesn't begin with an "M".

IndiMarshall likes this.
  11. Boston Redsox

Boston Redsox Well Known Member

Your trying to hard u need to back off and have some fun ... Take a walk in nature look at a flower gaze at a sunset or sunrise deep breathes and longer exhales

levfin003, Tennis Tom and Forest like this.
  12. Markus

Markus Guest

I strongly dislike meditation so I might listen to a song or songs I like over and over. Often times I'll get involved in a book that has nothing to do with healing.

13. mike2014

mike2014 Beloved Grand Eagle

Yes I used to absolutely hate it and avoided it. After reading and hearing so much positive stuff, I tried it, but only for 5 minutes a day. I couldn't see myself doing anymore than that because I found it boring and difficult sitting in silence.

6 months later... I now manage 30 minutes in the morning and night. It's not so much how long you do it for, but more so how often.

I think you've made a good point, distraction and shifting your focuss onto things you enjoy are very important.

14. Markus

Markus Guest

That's very kind of you Mike, and I do think distraction of any method that we enjoy is one answer. Now that you have posted this, I also agree with the other part. as humans we can become adaptable to anything. I don't enjoy meditation BUT, you are absolutely correct, I most likely would if I kept up at it.

mike2014 likes this.