1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 5 Feeling and planning

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by TheNewYorker, Apr 9, 2017.

1. TheNewYorker

TheNewYorker Newcomer

It's taken me several days to move from Day 4 to Day 5 but I'm trying not to beat myself up over it. My pain has lessened in that time, but I'm not going to stop the work.

Today was my first day of delving into a painful memory from the past and it only took about five minutes of freewriting to open the floodgates. I have an appointment with my therapist later today — I only see her about once a month and she doesn't know I'm doing this program, or about the flare up in pain. It will be interesting to see what she thinks.

I like how today balances the hard work of dealing with some painful feelings with making a plan to do something good for myself. Tomorrow I plan to sit outside and read during my lunch hour, something I never do.

Have a good Sunday, all.

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Sitting in the sun and reading is always relaxing and helpful to relieve stress.

I'd talk to the therapist about you doing the TMS and SEProgram and she what she thinks about it.

Remember, Dr. Sarno writes in Healing Back Pain that isn't necessary to solve any problem past or present, just recognize it. Your subconscious will be satisfied and stop the pain.

3. TheNewYorker

TheNewYorker Newcomer

Interestingly, my therapist had "The Divided Mind" on her bookshelf. She is a big believer in mindfulness so I wasn't surprised. I mentioned Sarno and she told me she knows three people who worked with either him or his protege at Rusk. She described one man's recovery as "miraculous." He was completely disabled before working with Sarno. It was encouraging, to say the least.

I had pain during the night, which was annoying. It's been over a week since I took any painkillers or NSAIDs, and I've laid off the Voltaren. Going to try another walk tomorrow.

Thsnks for the reply.

Tennis Tom likes this.