1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Fearless

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by joseph32, Mar 1, 2014.

1. joseph32

joseph32 Peer Supporter

Attention and fear are the two things that feed TMS. As a firefighter for many years, I can go into a burning building with 50-100 pounds of equipment on and feel no pain. The next day, if I had been thinking about the discomfort in my lower back, guess what?? Does not make sense. I have no problem with accepting the TMS diagnosis, however I sometimes give it undo attention and some fear creeps.

I think it would be great if everyone learned how to be fearless. This is not to be confused by being careless or stupid! I mean fearless about the things you want in life. I just purchased a video by Joel Osteen called "FEARLESS courageous living every day". I believe this is the way we must think and he has a good way about communicating this. Have faith in your healing and good health. Do not fear. I purchased the DVD and Disc set for about $10 on Ebay. I did not want to purchase it through his website, as I don't want to sign up to be a member etc.

Good health to all.

joseph

2. G.R.

G.R. Well known member

Joseph, I do think fear is what fuels TMS. I was sitting on my couch today and I was thinking if you don't fear the symptoms
    you dismantle TMS and it has no power over you.

It is getting kind of comical because since Oct. I have had so many different symptoms and some of them so weird. Yesterday,
    out of no where I was having trouble putting weight on my left leg. Although, I am having trouble walking with it, I am not
    going to fear it or pay attention to it. Usually, I get s discouraged when a new symptom arises. I decided not to do that anymore.
    I really do think that is the strategy this TMS wants to enforce to get us to think oh no when is this symptom now going to end
    or what is this, now. I decided just let this TMS take its course and go with the flow with it to better dismantle this TMS.

Anne Walker, joseph32 and Ellen like this.
  3. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Joel Osteen is very wise and great for reading about healing.
    I have such high respect and appreciation for fire-fighters.
    You really do great work helping others. Bless you all.

GR, symptoms can move around. You're doing the right thing
    by not stressing about the new left leg pain. Flowing with the pain
    is the best way to not let it bother you. Just let it go.

We got 6 more inches of snow overnight and I worried I might
    not be able to clear it myself with my snowblower, since my
    next-door neighbor who has helped me before is out of town.
    I'm almost 84 now and worried I might have a heart attack or
    fall but made up my mind to just do it. I did it and had no
    problem. Instead of worrying while clearing the snow, I laughed.

I think the laughing drove away the worry.

Joseph and GR, keep working on your TMS recovery.

Anne Walker likes this.
  4. G.R.

G.R. Well known member

Love Joel Osteen!!!! He is very inspirational. I am learning to be fearless. It takes diligence and persistence.
    How are the those tapes, Joseph by Joel on Fearless Living?

5. joseph32

joseph32 Peer Supporter

G.R. The DVD and CD's are very good and well worth the small fee I paid for them on ebay.