1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 4 Fearful Doctor comments

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by KathyVT, May 30, 2018.

1. KathyVT

KathyVT Newcomer

The low back pain is less of an issue than it once was. However, the 'hip' pain and numbness/tingling in the leg (mainly calf and foot) has taken over as the main issue. The back doctor suggested to me when I first went to see him about a year ago, that I should take Gabapentin. No way, not taking any drugs, especially something that affects the brain. Side effects could be grogginess, etc. I don't need any help in the fogginess/forgetfulness department, thank you very much. His comment back was that if I didn't address it (with the meds) that the nerves would start to send signals to my leg always even if/when there wasn't an issue (don't recall exact words but that was the gist of the comment).