1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 26 Fear

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by abuglet, Aug 10, 2015.

1. abuglet

abuglet New Member

I suppose that the topic of today was really relevant. I have made leaps and bounds in progress...sleeping well, no anxiety attacks, pain way, way down, resuming normal life, and yet there is enough residual back pain that I am uncomfortable...I fear it will stay stuck like this and am fretting why it is sticking around. Any tips to over come this? Suggestions appreciated.

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, abuglet. It's wonderful to hear about your progress. The remaining pain may be because your subconscious may not yet fully believe that you believe in TMS causing your pain. That's a problem not easy for most us us to solve. But don't fear that you will be stuck in the remaining pain. I would keep reminding myself that I believe 100 percent in TMS causing my pain.
    You're doing great.

3. abuglet

abuglet New Member

Thanks for this. I developed some nagging hip pain which is now going away...classic diversionary technique of the subconscious. Still, I do get frustrated, but then remember all the progress I have made. I went on another little holiday with the husband...spent three hours in the car, and today walked around and visited a stately home and gardens for most of the day. i am tired, it was not all pain free, but I did it. It is getting better, but I need to have some patience.