1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S.(New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. JanAtheCPA is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Fear

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Hoguet, Sep 21, 2018.

1. Hoguet

Hoguet New Member

i am so scared right now. I have been working the program intensely for about 2 months, and was feeling a bit better and now feel awful. terrible leg nerve pain. I feel like giving up hope and feel suicidal.

2. Kevin Barry

Kevin Barry Peer Supporter

I have terrible nerve pain also in my leg. I have been working with TMS for 10 months now. In the beginning the pain subsided enough for me to be able to function again which was a big relief and I am very grateful. Now it comes and it goes. Whenever it comes again my fear spikes and it becomes worse. Your title of FEAR hit me directly. I believe that my fear is the nexus of everything including my rage. Everything feeds off of it and it lives in the dark. Anytime I can put fear into the light of day it is helpful. So thank you for reminding me what I need to stay focused on. Because sometimes when you are up to your ass in alligators it is hard to remember that your initial objective was to drain the swamp. My focus today is to try and not focus or get distracted by the symptoms but to deal with the underlying causes in whatever ways I can which is what I am learning from the literature and other TMS sufferers.