1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 15 Fear

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by jericho163, May 3, 2016.

1. jericho163

jericho163 New Member

2 weeks into TMS SEP.

Seems to have journalled some of my past/current stressors.
    Seems like my back issues is now the current biggest stressors. Fear of it not improving. Fear of it staying.
    I have seen some little improvements over these 2 weeks, but as and when, fear creeps in. What if it is not TMS. I see less and less of this fear though. What have I got to lose anyway, I had a surgery and still basically feel similar. (Did the doctor miss something-this fear always creep in)

Somehow I am sure I will TMS, fit all the criteria, pain started when I was very stressed with work/wife/baby.

My pain will go away 90% for 1 day before any injections/ablation/surgery. Can someone explain this? Ha.

I will make it!

Last edited: May 3, 2016
  2. mncjl123

mncjl123 Peer Supporter

yes, I understand. this is my big one too! My foot pain that has kept me not walking for almost 3 years now! I have had everything done to it that could possibly be done. And, they don't know why it is causing me pain, why it is not healing??? then I too go ,mmmm did they miss something in an mri. Why does it hurt with every step. if it is tms and is psychological than I can accept that. what am I doing wrong? fear of making the pain worse by continuing to try to walk on it etc..... a cycle that we must learn to break. I am on day 28...

3. Janine28

Janine28 Peer Supporter

4. Lavender

Lavender Well known member

Hi Jericho163,
    Yours is the first mention radio frequency ablation that I've seen on the forum. How much relief did you get from it? How long did that last?
    Thank you!

5. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Jericho. You are making progress but I think you will make more if you work on your belief in TMS emotions. It also can help you get over the fear that you will not heal.
    It has a lot to do with how you perceive problems, If you worry over them, it does no good. Being positive drives away the worry and fear.